Frequently Asked Questions ?
Q. What is Public Limited Company?
A. Public Limited Company is company which is always opt for where a huge investment is desired from public.
Public company can go for the listing of its share at stock market as it has no limit on its number of
shareholder and can fetch from public through IPO. After listing of share, shares of public limited company can
be easily traded at stock exchange.
Q. Why to go for Public Limited Company?
1. Easy Funding by investors or through IPO of company.
2. Shares of Public limited company are freely transferable.
3. A great transparency in company is available.
4. Best for long term vision of business.
5. Very easily recognizable.
Q. How much time will it take to register a public limited company?
A. It normally takes 15-18 working days after submission of all requisite documents. But sometimes it may vary
to 18-25 days also which depends of state of registration, as each state has its own Registrar of Companies(ROC)
to register public limited company.
Q. What are the additional compliance for Private Limited Company?
A. Apart from regular compliance of Income Tax, there are very heavy compliances that a public company need to
comply. Among the all registered business entity, public limited company have the maximum compliances as it
involves public money. There are several periodical and annual compliances that requires a regular monitoring by
Q. What is minimum capital required for public limited company?
A. A public limited company required a minimum capital of Rs. 5, 00,000. This amount is supposed to deposit by
the shareholder in decided share percentage in the bank account of company. Then the same amount can be used by
the company for its operations.
Q. What are the documents required for public limited company registration?
There are several documentation required for registration of public limited company. But these are basic
requirement to initiate:
1. PAN card of each Director and Shareholder.
2. Photographs of each Director and shareholder.
3. ID Proof and Address proof of Director and Shareholder.
4. Address proof of registered address of Company